Sunday 18 March 2012

"Drink if you wanna fuck my friend tonight"?

Another possible title is Jennie Has a Party. Name aside I'm tweaking the script. Been passing the concept around to a few friends and had a stroke of lighting from an unlikely source, my sisters boyfriend. As you don't know Martin trust me when I say my whole opinion of him has changed now. He suggested the last scene was unessential as it takes away from the impact of her attack. He is spot on. So I've taken it out. Questioning my original narrative flow I've taken out some establishing actions and one short scene completely. I'm becoming very drawn to inducing a visual that recreates the emotions of being drunk at a party upon its audience. I intend to edit photos, camera footage, camera phone footage and use MTV style graphics together in a mash up. I feel utilising media hybridity is key to this kind of engagement. The video below is an example of mixed media used to create something new. It's not reflective of the style I want to use but its an fun example.