Thursday 15 March 2012

Writer + Producer + Director = Tom Stock.

Between us me and Ben are getting things in place for next week. I don't know Zak well enough to rely on him to do all the jobs a Producer should and I'm stiil feeling burnt from all the issues with Dale. The way I see it is I can only trust me and Ben to get the work done so that's how we're doing it. Neither of us have the time to commit fully to the producers role and as attractive as Written, Produced and Directed by Tom Stock sounds its out of the question; however this means that all the pre-production paper work that is the Producers responsibility will most likely go undone. Though with some discipline and much willpower Zak might just do it. Either way I'm commuted to getting my job done to the best of my abilities.

There's a great quote from Spike Lee that goes "A lot of times you get credit for stuff in your movies you didn't intend to be there". The nature of the locations in the script enable me to create an atmosphere and let it naturally unfold on camera. The spontaneity of peoples actions at a party can be edited in such away to really highlight its hedonistic fun against the trauma of the car accident and horror of the rape. In a continuation of the creative techniques learnt in my Screenwritting module I intend to use noise and action in the same way I used silence. The subtlety of saying nothing can say so much. In contrast I will do the opposite with drama; distract and confuse so those subtle nuances are overlooked, underlining the essence of fun (within the film) with a social conscience.